Menu
UtopiaOpera
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

100Mbsp running at 25Mbps!!!!!!!!

Ran a service test and all came back "everything running fine, no problems found".... errrrrrrrrrr, wanna bet??????????????????????????????????????????????????

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100Mbsp running at 25Mbps!!!!!!!!

Try this...

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests, - no BB supplier guarantees those - only speeds "TO" the Hub are guaranteed.

So, can you test speeds directly like this. Connect a computer/laptop, with up to date drivers, via a known good and working Cat5e (or better) ethernet cable, directly to the Hub which you have put into “modem mode” (see VM website for “How To”). Test at speedtest.net (not using their App!) to your nearest VM server - try on 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot the device into windows safe+networking mode and try again.

There are many posts on here where unknown/flaky software, old network card drivers, corrupted browsers, bad cables or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
UtopiaOpera
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but nope.

I know my setup. It's wired and has been for a long time. Nothing has changed with my setup. We're on 100Mbps but I put up with speeds of 60-70Mbps most of the time, with 5Mbps down, but 30Mbps down 1Mbps up is unworkable. Help us useless just stuck in an endless loop of pressing YES, NO, NEXT only to end up in the same place with a service test telling me nothing it wrong and the phone lines are closed and there is no online help.

Absolutely pathetic. Do VM know what decade we are in!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wired directly into the hub. without anything like switches or powerline adapters
0 Kudos