cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100Mbps upload!

chrisstenton
Joining in

Just done a speed test on my 1G connection. 970Mbps download and 102Mbps upload. When did they double the upload speed!

24 REPLIES 24

A month and a bit later and finally a customer emerges showing 110 Mb/s configured in the Upstream.

The Configuration also shows a second data profile at 128/128Kb/s - for what is that used ? The VOIP telephone perhaps.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Where-to-start-with-Gig1-issues/m-p/5277494#M302925

Honestly, this is gobbledygook to me, what does it actually mean in real terms?

Sorry this is the post I was trying to quote.

Can someone translate what this means, in human terms, I find it impossible to understand. Does this mean we'll get 100mbps soon?

I did not think it was a big secret VM were wanting to get back to the 10/1 Ratio on all Tiers.

That would mean 1000/100 and AFAIK the business customers were recently giving the 100Mb/s UL.

@FileTrekker wrote:
Sorry this is the post I was trying to quote.

Can someone translate what this means, in human terms, I find it impossible to understand. Does this mean we'll get 100mbps soon?

👍

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Until an official announcement is made NO, it could be trials in some areas. < is this basic enough for you to understand?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
With great upload speed comes great responsibility not to DoS.
---------------------------------------------------------------

@jhuk wrote:

Until an official announcement is made NO, it could be trials in some areas. < is this basic enough for you to understand?

I repeat my previous reply. Most should be sorted by Midsummer 😊

Own ISP would see it. I triggered their DDoS detection testing iPerf to their own server. Imagine when you go past gigabit, the higher end of sane, you risk triggering detection.

VM's XGSPON will need far more responsibility. 

mrsnooch
On our wavelength

Should've taken you up on this bet, received the free upgrade to 100mb on Friday after receiving an email from them.