Menu
smush
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

100Mb Down 20Mb Up

I'm currently on 200Mb and thinking of dropping down to 100Mb. I notice that the upload speed drops to 10Mb when doing so. I was wondering if it's possible for Virgin to provide 20Mb upload on 100Mb plan or is it a technical limitation?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100Mb Down 20Mb Up

They don't do it and getting them to do something out of the ordinary would be like juggling soot in a gale.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
smush
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I notice you are with BT what minimum download speed were you guaranteed? Their Fibre 2 package in my area is a minimum of 42Mb but the range is 50-71Mb quite a variation and I suppose that would be more or less the same with the other providers since they use Openreach.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Look at it this way your paying for upload not download say you pay for 20Mb upload and get 200Mb download so you can't pay 20Mb upload and get 100Mb download.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Here you go, straight from the horse's mouth ...

Your normal available download speed will be between 66-73 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be between 16-18 Mbps

Minimum guaranteed download speed
Your minimum guaranteed download speed will be 60 Mbps

No guaranteed Upload speed. stated.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos