Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

10% of advertised speed

Hello,

I've had consistently bad speeds (around 10% of advertised speed) and intermittent connections to the world wide web for about three months now, if not longer.

Phoning up is pointless - after 15 minutes of waiting I get cut off

Can someone help? Otherwise I'm ending my contract.

£45 for level of service is unacceptable.

Thanx for reading,

Sam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 10% of advertised speed

Hello

Can you please post your network stats from the hub

Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1

Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.

Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connections wihout either coax or a terminator.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 10% of advertised speed

Hi SamC,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the broadband issues.

Can you check the tightness of all the cables please? 

If these are fine, then it will be an engineer visit needed as per our checks. Let me know and I can help further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos