Menu
Colin5310
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 46
Flag for a moderator

1 gigabit less than 100mb on modem mode 🤬

Still only getting around 100mb on modem mode, reset hub numerous times, helpline is hard work, anyone help?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1 gigabit less than 100mb on modem mode 🤬

Hello

Which router are you using in modem only mode ?

What cat cable is running between hub and the router it has to be Cat 5e minimum, it will be marked on the cable ? All cables will have to be minimum of cat 5e.

When it is in router mode do you get the a speedtest of about 940mbps ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 46
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good advice there.

An additional thought: Regardless of the markings, it could be a faulty cable.  Try any other ethernet cables you can lay your hands on.  Even if unmarked, the chances of it NOT being at least Cat 5e are negligible, unless (like me) you're a hoarder of old connectors and cables where some of them might date back to 2003 when the non-e Cat 5 standard was struck off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Colin5310
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thank for the reply Mike, it's connected directly  to a Ubiquiti USG-3P security gateway that control DNS etc. Then through a Ubiquiti US-16-150w switch which connects 4 x UAP-AC-LR access points, before the upgrade to Hub 4 I was on 300mb supply and getting 200+.

The patch leads are all cat5e and above.

The Ubiquiti controller has its own speed test that is showing same results as Speedtest app, the download is variable 60-120 and upload a constant 50, plan to remove the USG and go back to router mode to rule that out

Frustrating

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Colin5310
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, will get some new cables form IT and change the ones from the modem to USG 👍

Will give anything a go 🤪

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 46
Flag for a moderator

test connecting one PC with a gigabit network card to the hub in modem mode and rule out all the other devices
Colin5310
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, will do tonight and feedback, thanks for the help 

0 Kudos
Viper5112
Tuning in
Message 8 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I too have been having issues with speed for weeks now, changed cables etc...I have a Hub 3.0 in modem mode with a TP-Link AX6000 gaming router, haven't been able to get near my 500Mbps since August 10th...
Download speeds have been really bad, down to 40 and even 8Mbps...
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Viper5112 wrote:
... snip ...

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Colin5310
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi, cat 6 cables installed, hub 4 back to router mode, rebooted hub connected direct PC was getting 200mb, after a few tests back to 100mb, connected back to unbiquit security gateway and the same, uploads still steady 50mb, have ruled our my network kit as the issue abs pretty clear it's a supply issue from, even at 200mb on reboot for a time doesn't do what is says on the tin, doing some more research it's a definite issue, don't know where to go next as customer service is poor

0 Kudos