cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 gig

SUPER6FOUR
Joining in

Upgraded 2weeks ago to 1gig only getting 600meg instead of 1gig.2 enginerrs arrive and found that upto the white cable 1 2gig is there plug it into spuer hub 4 and max 600meg.engineers said nothing they can do.virgin u got a big bloody problem ur advertising something thats not true or u know the problem but your stealing money from your customers with a [REMOVED] bb service. So im on phone 4 over 1hr 40mins 2day getting no where so what ya gonna do virgin give ne a load of bull or ignore me or carry on taking full payment every month honestly ulot are a joke!!!!!!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the 600Mbps over wifi or ethernet cable? ~600 is the maximum you will get on a Hub4 as its only wifi5 (its just "physics")  - you would need wifi6 to get the maximum speed. You should get ~960 on a single Cat5e/6 ethernet cable connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Not to mention min guaranteed speed is 565Mbps:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds

bally12345
Dialled in

You probably want to repost with some actual details to get some help mate...

Are you facing issues with wired connection, WiFi or both?

What white cable are you talking about, coax or ethernet? 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @SUPER6FOUR

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your speeds. 

As per others comments, are you able to let us know if this is with a wired or wireless connection?

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Wired directly to my pc.virgin say theres no guarantee u get 1gig but a min of just over 500meg.they state average speed 1000 to 1100meg online to customers. a load of bull.there advertising something they cant offer u but take ur money spent hrs on phone yet jack crap sorted engineers said beyond them and said not me but there hub 4 wont push out more than 600meg yet the cable to it was tssted and 1.2gig was there....

@SUPER6FOUR wrote:

Wired directly to my pc.virgin say theres no guarantee u get 1gig but a min of just over 500meg.they state average speed 1000 to 1100meg online to customers. a load of bull.there advertising something they cant offer u but take ur money spent hrs on phone yet jack crap sorted engineers said beyond them and said not me but there hub 4 wont push out more than 600meg yet the cable to it was tssted and 1.2gig was there....

Maximum of 940Mbps when connected via ethernet (Wired).

Hi SUPER6FOUR

Thanks for getting back to us.  We're sorry you feel that you've been mis-sold your package.  Can you please confirm your PC does indeed support the speed you're subscribed to?

Regards

Lee_R