Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

0.4mb download speed

Hi I am wondering if someone can help me, I am currently shielding and missed a payment to virgin so yesterday they disconnect me and then I called them paid what was due and the services came back. on. The tv and phone came on but the broadband is now 0.45mb.  (Reset the hub few time’s and nothing) They are sending a replacement box out which should arrive today but surely something they have done virgins end ?  Anyone help me as internet is the only way seeing family who don’t live close to me.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0.4mb download speed

You could try a factory reset again.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos