cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong profile in account details VM online account

ALF28
Super solver

The avast browser displayed my secondary account profile although I was in my primary account.

Does not happen with chrome and firefox browsers, I reloaded the page and it corrected so was showing a cache memory from the wrong account. that could be a security issue.?

May be a fault in the recent updated VM account pages.

Also today, unusual, I  found 3 emails in my trash that were sent from myself  on 15/1/20201 from my own email address and ip address via mail exchange, yet not listed in my sent fold and had no subject, no to address and each email had some  few lines of unknown text which appeared to have no meaning just random words/letters.

So does that indicate someone else  is using my email which I only use myself  in web mail, so how could that happen. Perhaps a spammer is using my account, if so how could they get my password, I have seen this happen before, the email header has no details almost like a forward email (but was not one did not indicate FWD, but I did not send or forward the 3 unusual emails.

I regularly change password , but will do it again.

Note- as I have no longer used the email in  question since 10/4/2021- last email sent , but it is connected to my VM account, there is no way that I have sent the  3 emails found in trash 15/1/20201. I often also find my email settings alter by themselves and have to reset them.

I begin to wonder about the VM security?

alf28

10 REPLIES 10

EXPLANATION- 

The email in trash sent from myself, I think I now know the answer, and that is the "compose" button sits above "all" button, so it is very easy to hit compose by accident when you click all, so a compose email is activated which I then delete and goes to trash.

This is the most likely explanation, and is due to the design of the page, perhaps the compose button is not in the best place/position, to close proximity to the all button.

I discovered this today when selecting all in my email.