Menu
windyar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wi-fi security

Hi. i have been receiving phone calls telling me that there is a security problem with my broadband. The number is 02036301426 and claiming to be from Virgin Technical Support. What makes me suspicious is when I asked them to contact me by email they hung up

Can anyone confirm this is a legitimate number?

0 Kudos
windyar
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wi-fi security

Hi. I have been receiving calls saying I have a problem with my wi-fi, which is reporting error messages to Virgin. when I asked for information about my Virgin Account they hung up.

Can anyone verify that 0203 630 1426 is a Virgin Media technical support number?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wi-fi security

It is a scam/phishing attempt.  Just ignore.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wi-fi security

@windyar wrote:

Can anyone confirm this is a legitimate number?

The number given in caller display on your phone can be easily spoofed (faked) and scammers do it every time. You should never use that number to judge whether a call is genuine or not.

Therefore it does not matter whether it is a Virgin Media number or not.

Based on what you say in this and your other post it certainly sounds a scam call. Virgin Media don't call you out of the blue to tell you there is an issue with your wifi, router or other device.

You did the right thing to hang up. Unfortunately you can expect more calls from these people, but they are likely to appear to come from a different number.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos