Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

was the phone call on my landline and then my mobile a scam?

got a call on my landline this afternoon from a lady (who said she was in India) about a supposed fault complaint. I was suspicious of the call and asked for confirmation that she was from Virgin but she did not do this. She said she had a ticket number for the problem but would not tell me the nature of the problem or the ticket number. A few minutes later got a call on the mobile from 0345 454 1111 saying roughly the same thing. I said I would contact Virgin media direct and ended the call. On my virgin media everything seems OK but there is a lingering doubt in case there is a problem, How can I confirm that a call from someone who says they are from Virgin is genuine??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: was the phone call on my landline and then my mobile a scam?

Hi fedup991,

Thank you for your post. This does sound like it would have come from us.

What I will do is private message you to get some details so I can check this. 

^Martin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@fedup991 wrote:

got a call on my landline this afternoon from a lady (who said she was in India) about a supposed fault complaint.

Did you make a complaint?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Opps-we-have-found-an-issue/m-p/415...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was followed up by a moderator and after an exchange of messages it seems that it was probably genuine but the call and the reason for it could not be traced.  

0 Kudos