Menu
Highlighted
Heffat
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

want to cancel a virgin.net account

An old virgin.net account I had years ago (and I never deleted) has suddenly started being active.  I am being asked to verify accounts with Amazon and Lyft.  I am being Hacked I guess.  I asked Virgin media to delete the account.  They said they couldn't do so as they passed all the virgin.net accounts on to Talk talk.  Talk Talk cannot find any trace of my account.  I can't access this old account, but somebody is using it and this makes me very worried.  I am 76, please can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: want to cancel a virgin.net account

Yet another nonsense response from first line support.  Talk Talk have never had any control over virgin.net email accounts.  Lost count of the number of times this has been referred to the @ModTeam 

They will be able to assign this to one of the forum team to contact you via this forum to ensure the account is deleted.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: want to cancel a virgin.net account

Hi Heffat, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the prblems you've had with your old virgin.net account - and any confusion caused when getting in touch about it previously.

We'll be happy to help further, I will send a PM shortly to confirm a few details and hope to hear back from you soon so we can get this sorted out.

Tom