cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin sales executive

rabbimaster
Joining in

hello

can you please confirm the salesman who came to my door offering virgin media is a legitimate salesman and not a scam?

thank

james

7 REPLIES 7

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The Field Sales reps are in uniform, have ID and can produce a contact card with phone number.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @rabbimaster, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Are you possibly in a position to share any details with us, in a private arena, akin to the details @Roger_Gooner refers to in his post?

Thanks,

David_Bn 

sure

Thanks @rabbimaster.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll take some of the details from you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@Roger_Gooner I can buy a Virgin Media polo shirt from Ebay for £3. ID and contact cards are also quite easy to print out. It would be awesome if there would be a way to check the legitimacy of a sales rep automatically. I tried calling VM sales number and the person picking up the phone was shocked that I was even considering that someone can be illegitimate.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I'm not sure what you are worried about. A fake VM sales rep can only sign you up to a fake contract. When you sign up to Virgin Media, you'll be billed from the time you receive your equipment and your direct debits will be going to VM and not to some scammer.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

goslow
Alessandro Volta

A fake VM rep could collect a very large amount of personal info for the purpose of identity theft, then disappear never to be seen again. Wise move from @dredzik to confirm details before dealing, if uncertain, IMO.