Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

virgin media servers rejecting specific text in body of email

Hi

Very recently when I send an email with a specific website - www.essentracomponents.ie in the body copy of the email your servers reject it with the error message:

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) c4rJjs95sLv1nc4rJj6Zkx

This is very recent - only just started happening. Previously it was fine. I can find several other threads about this same problem, but cannot identify a solution.

Can you please help me solve this problem as it is causing me huge problems. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media servers rejecting specific text in body of email

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in a few hours. In this case it looks like the matching data has already been corrected, can you confirm this is the case?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, only after I updated the spam settings in webmail to "reject all SPAM". All going through fine now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@suew1 wrote:

Yes, only after I updated the spam settings in webmail to "reject all SPAM". All going through fine now.

FYI: Those settings only affect incoming emails so would not have caused the issue; consider restoring the default setting of Move message to Spam folder unless you wish to remain oblivious to issues with misidentified spam.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am aware that this setting only affects incoming emails, but on the other hand, it's the only workaround at the moment. Believe me, I would rather change the spam settings back, but this issue was caused by Virgin Media and until they sort out the problem at their end, that's the way it will have to be! Let me know if you know of another (proven) way to solving this issue and I would be happy to try it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The comment, …In this case it looks like the matching data has already been corrected. …, made in my initial post was on basis of being able to send an email with www.essentracomponents.ie  in the message body; default SPAM Setting remained unchanged.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TBH, I don't know which came first. However, what I will say is that after you told me “…In this case it looks like the matching data has already been corrected. …” it still wasn't working on 1 of the email accounts I had this problem with (2 in total). Changing the spam settings made it work ... I will test this further sometime over the weekend by changing the spam settings back and see if I can still send an email with that domain in it. I will update then.

0 Kudos