cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown security question

juliettesw
Joining in

Hi there, 

As i am a student, I need to cancel my contract with virgin media, but to do so they are asking for a security question that I have no memory of making, nor is there anywhere on my account or the app where I can find out what even the question was to begin with, as if i know the question i will know the answer. Is there any way you can let me know what virgin media normally ask as their security questions, or can someone please help me reset this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juliettesw It will be the customer verification passphrase that would have been set at the time the account was opened.  It should be printed on the welcome letter.  Sometimes it is referred to as Memorable word.

If you can't find it then the support agent should be able to clear security with you by asking for other information relating to the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi juliettesw,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you've had in getting through data protection. 

The information provided by Graham_A is correct and hopefully has been able to help you. 

If you do still need assistance, please do let us know. 

^Martin