Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

unable to access the website

I receive emails and offers for shopping websites (for example Ann Summers) but am unable to access the website as is being blocked by Virgin . I could not find anything in the help-section to assist me with my enquiry and no on-line chat service available .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to access the website

Not sure if this is a serious post or not, but if the sites concerned are all similar to Anne Summers, then you will need to ensure that child safe is disabled in your My Virgin Media account settings.

There is a similar setting if it is a Virgin Mobile account to allow access to 'adult' sites.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes , this is a serious post .... I'm rubbish with computers and cannot find how to dis-able settings . Wasn't aware that I had a child-safe on there as my daughter is 26 !!!

I had already spoken the the website providers and also checked my Kaspersky and neither of them were able to assist ☹️

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Go to this page: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings

sign in with your VM primary username and password and then adjust the settings as required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham , I have turned off "child safe" so hopefully will be able to shop on-line now .
I really appreciate you helping me , as I said I'm rubbish with computers and I couldn't find the right place on my account , so , sending me the link was really really helpful 🙂
0 Kudos