cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phishing email?

bktyee
Dialled in

I have already forwarded the email to phishing@virginmedia.com but curious if anyone else has something similar and I am not sure if I will get any answer from that email address.

The email was sent to the correct email but I did not make any changes to my accounts, nor do I recognize that account number in the email ......

======================================================

Hi ,

We're sorry to hear you've decided to close your Virgin Media account for xxxxxxxx644, we'll be really sorry to see you go. We'd really appreciate it if you could answer some questions about the way we handled your request so we can make improvements wherever we can.

Click Here to give us your feedback. It will take roughly 1 minute to complete.

Virgin Media looks after the data collected and may use it together with information already held about you (e.g. the products you have) to make sure you're getting the products and services you want. This will be shared with the customer service team; however we will never share this information with anyone outside of Virgin Media without your consent. All the information collected is treated in accordance with the Virgin Media and Medallia privacy policies.

Can we help you with anything else? If you need any help or support with your products or services simply visit virginmedia.com/help. Or to get in touch, visit virginmedia.com/contact.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Yours sincerely,

The whole team at Virgin Media

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bktyee,

Many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to see you've received this email. 

Thanks for forwarding to our phishing email address - this is the relevant team who will not respond but will investigate this further.

If you have any further questions feel free to drop back.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bktyee,

Many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to see you've received this email. 

Thanks for forwarding to our phishing email address - this is the relevant team who will not respond but will investigate this further.

If you have any further questions feel free to drop back.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you @Molly_G,

if that team will not respond, then I have no idea if that was a valid email or not right?
As I said, they sent it to my correct email address but the details are somewhat suspicious.

Thanks anyway for your response.

bktyee

Hi @bktyee,

The team will investigate and address it if it is indeed fraudulent, but in the meantime I would advise that you ignore and delete the email if you've already reported it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you all.