Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

old ntlworld.com email account.

I have an old ntlworld.com email account.  I do not want to lose my email address that I have had for many years but it has been hacked badly and I urgently need to change my password.  How do I do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: old ntlworld.com email account.

are you still a VM broadband customer?

if you are not the only thing VM can do is delete the account for you.
If you are and the account is still active you may be able to transfer it to your account but you will lose any email addresses on the current account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen19711,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to us here at the Community Forums. Very sorry to hear that your email's been accessed without your permission. Have you attempted to reset password using the reset tool on the site? Do you have an active Virgin Media account linked to the account? 

Cheers,

Corey C

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks for answering, Could you let me know how I find the reset tool?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the main question you need to answer is are you a current paying Vm broadband customer.

Any answer chances depending on that answer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are a VM customer then follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for replying, Stephen19711,

It's the link located below the 'Sign In' box marked 'Forgotten your password?' or the 'Forgotten your username?' option. 'Forgotten your password?' will send the reset password to your alt email address or via SMS, the 'Forgotten your username?' will ask for your Virgin Media Account details if there is a linked account.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to clarify, the steps I gave for resetting the username and password will only work if your email is linked to an active account. If there is not an active Virgin Media account linked to the email then it will not work, so we'd need to identify this point first.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos