cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old blueyonder email hacked, needs deleting ASAP!!

se-1
Joining in

I could go on about every detail of this hacking but I would probably run out of characters or something so I’ll just keep it simple..

We were virgin customers for over two decades and had a blueyonder email address. We left last september and were told, like every other customer leaving, that our email would be deleted after 90 days yet it never was. Last month, we received an email saying our blueyonder email had been hacked. It had our login details and stated we needed to send X amount bitcoin to get it back etc. We’d received an almost identical email when we were still virgin customers yet instead of our password they had our address, but we were about to sort it out as we still had access to my virgin media however this time we couldn’t log in. The hackers then began hacking pretty much anything they could: netflix, social media, eBay etc. We phoned customer service and were told they would delete the account. After a few days we were logged out of the blueyonder email account on our mail apps and assumed it was all taken care of and that was the end of it, yet the email was still active and all the accounts associated with it were still actively getting hacked, but we just couldn’t see it happening anymore! At that point they were only hacking mediocre stuff that we barely used plus signing up for random things and we were honestly so fed up with it we just let it happen, until the hackers got into the banking system for my moms work. I won’t get into detail about it as the company have taken responsibility as my mom wasn’t an authoritative figure, but these hackers were able to divert over ten thousand pounds of revenue into their account, using my moms name and email. TEN THOUSAND POUNDS! This has literally become fraudulent now, and it’s because of our compromised email that we could no longer access and that was supposed to be deleted! I need our email account deleted and confirmation that it has been.

I know we aren’t the only victims of this, and people have received the exact same email as us, word for word. We were also victims of the virgin data leak a few years back if that has any correlation.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @se-1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have experienced this issue with your email and thank you again for reaching out. Addresses should be deleted after 90 days though this can sometimes take loner. 

I would be happy to take a look and ensure the email address is fully deleted for you on our side. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new 

Charlie4321234
Joining in

Hi Forum Team,

I've had a similar situation to the one described occur with my old blueyonder email address. It hasn't yet reached the stage of money actually being extorted, but I have received emails from a hacker using my account to request that I send them money via a bitcoin wallet.

Please would you be able to help me get my old blueyonder account deleted ASAP too, before the situation gets any worse?

Thanks.

Hi @Charlie4321234 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that your Blueyonder email has also had some threatening emails. 

Just to confirm, is this email at all attached to an active Virgin Media broadband account at all? 

If not and you have since left Virgin Media service, was your disconnection more than 90 days ago? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Charlie4321234
Joining in

Hi Carley,

No, my Virgin Media broadband account was closed down a few years back when I left Virgin Media, so I think my blueyonder email is no longer connected to any Virgin Media account.

Thank you for confirming this @Charlie4321234  This email should have been deleted within 90 days of your disconnection. 

My apologies, we can get this requested for you. Please join me on private message so I can take the details. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thank you for joining me on private message @Charlie4321234 

This has all been actioned for you now. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley