new text saying your accounts going be cut off

scam saying you need click link or your accounts marked as in active 

scam not even a virgin number starts with 07310655280

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: new text saying your accounts going be cut off

Yeah, these scammers are now using text as their mode of contact, they can also spoof the number so that their text is listed with other texts from the genuine company so the user believes they’re genuine.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

its easy to fall for sadly i use who called me to look up the number 

never had this prob till i got a virgin land line sigh smart scammers these days has  one from carphone warehouse did i scream at them  hope there hearing returns not very soon 🤣

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same texts to my Virgin Mobile number as the OP with increasing regularity now. Each time, the text purports to be from Virgin Media Bill Team but is sent from a random mobile number. I have been forwarding them to 7726 and then deleting the messages.

Has Virgin Mobile been compromised and users numbers been leaked? It would be good if Virgin could put a stop to this somehow.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@AfxTwn wrote:

Has Virgin Mobile been compromised and users numbers been leaked? It would be good if Virgin could put a stop to this somehow.

Just as with Landline numbers, all operators are allocated blocks of mobile numbers. Details of these block allocations are freely available on the internet so the scammers just assume that as you have a VM allocated number you will be a Virgin customer.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know this was how it worked.
0 Kudos