cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

malware detected

jonnyboy007
Joining in

had 2 emails saying malware has been detected.

its probably the eth mining software, is there any way confirm this as?

15 REPLIES 15

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jonnyboy007, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

In order to help, we would need a little more information from you. 

Can you confirm if you have ran anti-virus and malware scans on your devices?

Sometimes if you have a smartphone or Firestick, some apps can cause issues with background apps. These silently ping the network and get picked up quite often. 

Run those checks and then we can go from there 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

windows reports the mining software has malware. its fine though its a known issue

Thanks for the update @jonnyboy007

Feel free to give us a shout should you have any other issues or concerns. 

Cheers 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

dont know whats going on but vm are now screwing with my broadband. far to many site now require recaptcha before being allowed to view, many site wont even load. I know its not an issue at my end as when i create a internet hotspot on my phone and connect to that everyhing works as it should. So why have vm screwed my connection?

Hi @jonnyboy007,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear this. 

Can I ask if you have tried deleting your browser history and cookies?

It may also be worth trying a different browser to see if you get the same issue. 

Let me know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

deleted specific cookies for the sites that dont work but still not working. As soon as i connect the pc wifi to my phones internet every thing works fine.

got the letter saying a device connected to your broadband is infecteded with malware.........  if it dont get it fixed we may need to suspend or cancel your broadband.......

Thanks for coming back to me @jonnyboy007,

Can I ask if you followed the advise in the letter to ensure the malware was removed?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

i followed the advice on the letter used multiple malware tools, removed some redundant programs that said contained malware even though they were false positives as thousands of people use the same programs.

I see. So can I just check that after carrying out the advise on the letter your issue now is that some sites are not loading or others require recaptcha?

Have you tried rebooting the hub? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team