Menu
pandaman008
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

malware detected

I've got an email 'A device using your internet connection maybe infected with Malware'.

REF: VMIS5-MALWARE-FOO8702712

I was wondering if this is a real email from virginmedia or a scam.

I've run scans on my computer and phones etc. and they all say no problems so was just concerned.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: malware detected

@pandaman008 wrote:

I was wondering if this is a real email from virginmedia or a scam.

I've run scans on my computer and phones etc. and they all say no problems so was just concerned.

I cannot say definitively but that sounds genuine. See here for a similar recent example https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/A-device-using-your-Internet-connection-is-inf... 

It would be best to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM employees) pick up this thread and get back to you via the forum's Private Message facility.

In the mean time best not to post on the thread I linked to because that thread is flagged as solved. Posting on there won't get your case looked at any quicker and it will just confuse matters for the Forum Team. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: malware detected

Hi pandaman008

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I can confirm from checking it's valid as the reference number given matches the system. If you've followed the letter to the word then everything will be fine 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"