Menu
philjim
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

keep getting nuisance calls

keep getting nuisance calls from 07689264596 at least 2 times a day, all from someone with either a Pakistani or Indian accent

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: keep getting nuisance calls

Call blocker phones are not that expensive these days and applications are available for cell phones to block unwanted calls

philjim
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

does anyone know who they are???

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@philjim wrote:

does anyone know who they are???

I don't have a clue but emobiletracker.com is a resource I use in these circumstances.

That does not give personal details, name, address etc registered with a mobile but it does give the network details of valid mobile numbers.

As a UK number, 07689264596 comes up with no network details and the valid number record comes up as false.

That is a strong indication that the number has been spoofed (falsified) so it could be from anywhere. Unfortunately that does mean that if they call you again it could appear to be from a completely different number.

So, in my opinion, whoever has been calling you, they are up to no good. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We’d constantly receive nuisance calls until we bought a call blocking phone. Now any caller not on the allow list has to announce who they are & press a key, we then have the choice of accepting or denying the call.
Naturally scammers won’t bother doing that. Never had a scam/nuisance call since.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos