Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

is this a scam email

Virgin Media Customer Care [REMOVED]

this is what is saying but the adress is dodgy when they took the payment normaly the other day 

Hello [REMOVED]

We're sorry to let you know that the Virgin Media could not be automatically renewed.

Something's gone wrong with your payments.

As we couldn't take the latest payment from your bank account, this amount will also need to be paid when you set up your new Direct Debit.

Remember, if you don't keep up with your payments, we may be forced to cancel your license or pass your details to a debt collection agency.
To change your payment method, have a look at all your options.
So, all you need to do is make sure there's enough money in your account.
Or , if you prefer to pay the missed amount now, you can sign in online and pay using your debit or credit card.
While you're signed in, please make sure we have your correct bank details.

Set up your new direct debit now

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

[Mod Edit – Removed Personal Information ]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: is this a scam email

Hello

If you look at the email address it was sent from also the link in the email if not right either then Yes this is a scam.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you i just wanted to make sure when you google the email it takes me to a kids looking wesite

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this a scam email? Absolutely

Firstly though, please edit the post you just made and remove the email address  which, assuming it is your real address, is now available for the whole world to see and spam you on. And also please remove the link at the bottom which actually takes you to a scam website.

Anyhow, take a look at the apparent source address, claims to be Virgin Media but actually is coming from a domain called shushbyte.com, so firstly ask yourself if VM would be sending out emails from that domain rather than one actually using their own name.

Secondly the link at the bottom which helpfully says 'Set up your new direct debit now', if you hover the mouse over to see where it links to, you can see that the website is actually a .th domain (which is Thailand), actually the link is broken so it's either already been taken down or possibly these spam 'phishing' messages have been sent out before they've managed to get the fake target website setup. No doubt it was meant to be a copy of the legitimate VM website asking you to enter all your bank details, answers to your security questions, mother's maiden name, inside leg measurement etc.

Just delete the email and forget about it.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

so i dont need to contact virgin about this or should i to let them no about the scam 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forward it to phishing@virginmedia.com but if a spam content found warning is shown then they are: (a) aware of it; (b) blocking it.

0 Kudos