Menu
mill3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

is 0345 454 1111 a scam

I called this number as stated above, it began with an automated voice asking for my Virgin Media account number, area reference number and parts of my virgin media password. I then was put through a man named Paul who said he would put me through another department. I wanted to cancel my virgin broadband. The new guy sounded exactly the same as the previous guy but he said he had a different name. I was so confused. He did have access to all my information. The thing that threw me off the most was that he sounded exactly the same as the other guy, unless that just happens to be a major coincidence. After the call, I got emailed by virginmedia@virginmedia.co.uk and customer-service@mail.com.aklamio.com.

He also said that I had to return the equipment back to them and that I would be charged a £20 extra which is 'pro rata' which I'm not sure what it means. I just wanna make sure I wasn't scammed, though it seems like it most likely isn't and it is a strange coincidence that the two people sounded exactly the same. Also, goes virgin media have an email address I can email to?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: is 0345 454 1111 a scam

0345 454 1111 is VMs normal customer services number. If you dialled the number yourself from the phone being on the hook & not dialled in as a response to an incoming call you will have been talking to the genuine customer service centre.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mill3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response! 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mill3

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

As stated above, 0345 454 1111 is our official VM customer service number, as for the pro rata - this just means for example if you subscribed to an add on / cancelled services halfway through the month, we'd bill you depending on how long you'd used the service from the last bill to your cancellation and then calculate the difference on your next bill date.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos