Menu
Adrian-29_M
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 12 Pro

HELLO A FEW DAYS AGO I HAVE SEE A VIDEO POST ON GOOGLE AND WAS ABOUT THE IPHONE 12 PRO WHICH WAS SAYING THAT THE IPHONES TAKES PICTURES EVERY COUPLE OF SECONDS TROUGH IR. (INFRARED). ANYONE CAN CONFIRM IF ITS TRUE????THANK YOU

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 12 Pro

Hi Adrian_29_M,

It's not true.

To avoid dimming the display when you're looking at it, iPhones with Face ID flash an infrared light every few seconds to see if you're paying attention, but it doesn't mean it's taking pictures.

If you are still worried about this then you can turn off Face ID.

Settings > Face ID and Passcode. Turn off Face ID and only use a Passcode to open your device.

There is though a facility for the iPhone to take a burst of photo's.  Unlock your iPhone and launch the Camera app from the home screen, then tap the clock icon at the top of the screen. Next, select a countdown for the timer. You have two options: three or 10 seconds. 

Select the shutter button to start the self timer. If you want to stop the timer at any point, tap the stop button. 

Then once your photo has been taken, go to the Photos app and select the photo taken with the self timer. Y are then given the option to select from 10 different burst images taken using the self timer. Scroll through the images, selecting the ones you prefer, and tap Done in the upper right-hand corner.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 12 Pro

it is just the attention aware relating to face id. if you have face id on, it is quite normal.

you can turn it completely off if you go to settings.

the amount of conspiracy stories i have seen about this are plain stupid, everything from aliens have taken over iphones to pictures can be taken even if the phone is in a box.

0 Kudos