Menu
Imran12
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

?? hacking

I have just received a phonecall from  this number 00456450740953.

Some women saying that My internet account was being hacked. And then wanted to get details off me. She did not confirm that she was from virgin or ask any security questions. I refused to give her details. She said that she would shut the internet and hung up.

Could this be true. Would I get a phonecall like that?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ?? hacking

Hello

Straight away that raises a red flag to me as they didn't announce they were from VM, I have had a few of these over the last couple of days, I am pretty certain it was a scam. This is one of those that goes around normally they say they are from openreach.

Have a look at the Phishing post at the top of https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You cannot hack an “internet account” as there is no such thing. Internet connections cannot be hacked, only connected devices. Ignore it. I get two or three of these type of calls each week.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Imran12
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. She was trying her chance. Wanted to get info from me. As she asked me get my mobile and asked what type of I used etc. Didnt let her go any further..

0 Kudos