Menu
scudybeef
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

email hacked at your end,,need it cancelled

you sent me an email about 5 weeks ago,telling me my email had been hacked and so i needed to setup a new password,,which i did,,so far ive had over 200 attempts by people using my email address to try and sign up for websites,including 76 so far today.

i now need someone to completely delete my email account for good thanks to somebodys incompetence.

wont be renewing when contract is up as im really **bleep** off about this.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: email hacked at your end,,need it cancelled

so you got hacked. someone is signing you up to **bleep** and that's somehow VM fault.

And if its your primary email address it can't be deleted. But how about stop checking it and who cares what gets spammed to it
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@scudybeef wrote:

you sent me an email about 5 weeks ago,telling me my email had been hacked and so i needed to setup a new password,,which i did,,so far ive had over 200 attempts by people using my email address to try and sign up for websites,including 76 so far today.

i now need someone to completely delete my email account for good thanks to somebodys incompetence.

wont be renewing when contract is up as im really **bleep** off about this.

Well you got hacked...

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi scudybeef

Thanks for posting and apologies for the email issues. 

If it is your primary email we wouldn't be able to delete. I'd advise changing the password to a brand new unique password never used before and doing malware scans on all devices

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos