Menu
maddy4
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

daily phone calls from india call centers

Each day I get 2/3c phone calls from an india call center claiming to be virgin media technical department and telling me I have hackers in my broadband and they are accessing everydevice I have.  I asked for proof of who they were and they gave me a 20 digit number and told me to login my computer and the number would come up.  i didn't do it and noted that they are using 3/4 different phone numbers that on calling them back an answer phone (indian) says that at the moment the line is unreachable.

anyone know what this is about and how to stop these calls to my landline.

0 Kudos
goslow
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: daily phone calls from india call centers

These are scam calls as you have already suspected. The scammers' aim is generally to gain remote access to your computer and, from there, to your online banking with a view to stealing money from you.

The simplest way to deal with the calls is to hang up and not engage with them. Alternatively let all calls go to answering machine and screen out the scam calls.

The best way to deal with the scam calls is with a device, or phone, which screens out the calls and prevents the scam calls from ringing your phone. See a recent post below for a fuller explanation

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-handset-to-block-unwanted-calls/m-p/4573945...

0 Kudos