cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact from VM

Johan
Superfast

I have been on the message boards complaining about poor BB speed. I received a message from ? a moderator asking for my billing details ( bank details ), which I refused to give him. Is this usual procedure to confirm an identity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Johan 

Yes, it's the same type of question that would be asked if you called up and spoke to an agent over the phone, or if you used the sms/whatsapp service.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Johan 

Yes, it's the same type of question that would be asked if you called up and spoke to an agent over the phone, or if you used the sms/whatsapp service.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

OK but why do they need that info? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's part of the verification process, generally 3 characters from your memorable, and possibly account email address, bank details, amount of last bill. It's to ensure they are talking to the account holder.  

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Johan It is one of the options the staff have to confirm your identity especially if you are not able to answer the telephone secuity passphrase request.  This passphrase is also used by the online support staff to verify identity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Johan, thanks for getting back to us.

Your fantastic fellow community members have advised you correctly.  I can see that you're now liaising with my colleague Ilyas. I will therefore leave you in his very capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R