Menu
itscraigs
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

calls from 0800 052 1251

So i've just received a phone call from this 0800 052 1251 number, claiming to be from virgin media. pestering me to give over 'security details' and if i'm 'authorised' to access 'the account'

Now, a little bit of background...i DON'T have a virgin media account, nor is my mobile number linked to any virgin media accounts. My parents do however have a virgin media account in their home, which i do not reside in.

So i have 2 points/questions...1 - how does virgin media have access to MY mobile number, which is not linked to any virgin media account, nor has ever been used to contact virgin media?

and 2 - why is someone or virgin media, calling me, a non account holder and non user of their services, to purchase upgrades on my mothers account?

i would like to add, this woman who called me totally out of the blue, felt totally at liberty to tell me my mothers full name and the majority of her home address when i informed her no one by that name lives at my address and that i do not have a virgin media account, and yet still wanted me to confirm details to gain access to her account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: calls from 0800 052 1251

Hi itscraigs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are receiving unwanted calls.

It sounds like your number may be added to your mums account as a contact number,I advise either yourself or your mum to call to remove this if it is the case.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
itscraigs
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

well Paul, my mother has just given me a call back after i requested her to give virgin media a call. as i stated in my original post, my mobile number is NOT linked to her virgin media account.

so again, i would like to know why i am receiving calls on my mobile number, which is NOT linked to any virgin media accounts, never been used to contact virgin media, and why i was being asked to access and purchase upgrades on an account which is NOT mines.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi itscraigs,

This isn't something I can answer if the number isn't showing on your mums account then there isn,t any way I can find this out.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
itscraigs
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So i'am still receiving call's from the same number (twice today, and once 2 days ago) still asking me to access an account which isn't linked to my phone number, nor is the account mines to access!

I have even had the account holder check that my mobile number is not on the account and to opt out of virgin media's marketing calls!

Who do i call or contact to one, complain about this, and two to make a complaint about virgin media?

0 Kudos
itscraigs
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i've now had 5 calls in two days since my last post!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi itscraigs,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am really sorry to hear you are still receiving unwanted calls.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can take tyour details and get a complaint raised for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos