Menu
bluebeetle73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

broadband security

hi,i received a phone call this morning saying my broadband was being used by an outside source for illegal activities,i chose not to take the call any further and said i would look into myself through the official virgin media website.so here i am any help would be appreciated how do i check this and if the phone call was just a scam or not.

thanks for any help 

ryan.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband security

100% scam. VM do not make unsolicited calls to customers for tech support or security like this.

Take a browse through the 'Security Matters' and 'Home Phone' forums and there are posts about this almost every day.

Just hang up on them and don't engage with them is the best approach.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband security

Hello bluebeetle73

Thank you for taking the time to raise the recent call via the forums, we understand how frustrating and worrying calls of this nature can be.

We can confirm what goslow has already advised that we wouldn't call any customer in regards to a technical issue unless arranged prior, this is a common scam. From what you have posted it doesn't appear that you shared any personal or private information with the caller, did you manage to get the number you were called from?

If so, could you let us know here so we can pass this to the team currently investigating instances like this. We also have some helpful advice here in dealing with calls of this nature.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos