Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 31 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: account hacked and used to add netflix

I don't think the moderators are understanding this situation completely judging by the repeated "solutions" they're coming back with. The fact is someone is creating a netflix account via our VM account. As a VM account we, or at least I, can't see what email address has been registered for a Netflix account. BECAUSE of this Netflix also can't help you because they have no info that they can search themselves when you go to them. I gave them my VM email address that is registered with VM and they did not find a netflix account on their records.

I believe that because my Tivo box was returned about 6 months ago, that there might be some element of account details "residue" there and someone is being able to log into my VM account through that returned Tivo box and purchase a netflix subscription.

I've just come off an hour long chat with Netflix and they're telling me to come back to VM and ask them if they see if there are any further netflix details connected to my VM account that might be able to assist with them cancelling it at the their end. It's only once that is done and they get that information that both parties might be able to do something by the sounds of it. Bit of a chicken & egg scenario here...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 32 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: account hacked and used to add netflix

I just made a post concerning this and how VM have so far handled it. I didn't realise but i guess am not surprised others have also been affected. "Luckily" for me I still have a v6 box and was able to access the netflix app to see that some idiot with the e-mail [removed] had managed to compromise my VM account. I changed password and have done everything I could including getting Netflix to cancle this account.

Important warning however. Getting VM to remove this initial payment of £11.99 which wasn't easy, check my post for details, has led to them classing this removable as a change to my account which has completely reset my contract term, from expiring in April next month to now 2021.

You can't make this stuff up.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos