Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: account hacked and used to add netflix

Hi there @Otaku

I am sorry about this.

As @MissPasko has advised, the only ways to pay for a Netflix account via your VirginMedia bill is to sign up to Netflix via your set top box or signing up via your MyVirginMedia account. 

Have you now updated your MyVirginMedia password information and ensure that it is secure?

We can certainly remove this billing method from your Virgin Media bill but we are not able to cancel the Netflix subscription - you will need to contact Netflix directly to do that. 

If we receive a subscription fee from Netflix before the you change your payment method with them, that fee will still appear on the next Virgin Media bill. 

Hope that helps. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have changed my password and I have contacted Netflix twice and was told the problem needs to be sorted out by virgin. So are you saying I'm going to have to pay 11.99 for someone I don't even know who hacked into my account to watch Netflix ?

0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Too be honest Iv been trying to sort this for a week and it's causing me a great deal of stress. If I cannot get this sorted soon I will be cancelling my virgin media subscription and moving to another provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Otaku,

Thank you for getting back to us. We do apologise if you have been informed this but we must reiterate as Katie did before that you would need to go through Netflix their selves, it would only be them that have the ability to cancel your account and set it for closure once and for all.

Our apologies for any inconvenience,

Louis 

0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

But I don't have an account with Netflix and they won't deal with me cause the account using my details isn't mine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Otaku,

Please follow this link. Here you will find the Netflix help screen, please follow  'I'm seeing charges from Netflix but I don't have a Netflix account'. This will give you more information on how you can address this matter directly.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The link is missing Thanx

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Otaku, here is the link https://help.netflix.com/en/node/1019

Thanks

Steven

0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have already done this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The Netflix team should be able to handle this query as the account has been raised directly with them as mentioned by colleagues earlier in the conversation. 

Regards

Steven

0 Kudos