Menu
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

account hacked and used to add netflix

my account has been hacked and linked to a netflix account that isnt mine. i have tried contacting virgin media customer services 3 times and they dont seem to be taking this serious. any help please

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: account hacked and used to add netflix

Do you mean your email address has been compromised and used for netflix, or your TV account has been billed without your consent?  Here is some help while you wait for the Forum Team to advise further.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-billing-with-netflix

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I don't have virgin TV. Just broadband and someone with an email address that isn't me has added an 11.99 subscription to Netflix to my bill without my consent. I'm guessing my my.virginmedia account has been compromised and used to add Netflix to my bill so the hacker can watch it. Iv changed my password and contacted Netflix but they couldn't help. Iv contacted virgin media and they have apparently removed the subscription but so far my account still says I will be billed for it.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

In order to add your Netflix charges to your Virgin Media bill you must sign up to Netflix through the Netflix app on your V6 or TiVo box or via the dedicated link on My Virgin Media. So, who has access to your VM account?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No one had access, Just me. But to be fair my password wasn't very strong and hadn't been changed since I opened the account. It was probably quite easy to brute force. The thing I don't understand is how an email address that wasn't registered on my account was used to add Netflix.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I don't beleive that your VM email address has anything to do with the Neflix email address.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I don't even have Netflix but for some reason ndonkin@donkin.com does and I'm paying for it via my virgin media bill

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am sure that when Virgin and Netflix have a proper look, they will be able to discover the IP address that was used to set up this charge was not anywhere near you.  Or some other technical proof that you should be refunded because of fraud.  Keep pressing them.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

• That's exactly what I was thinking. I only ever check my.virginmedia account using my in home router so the ip address should flag up as being different
0 Kudos
Otaku
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone please help me. I'm still getting no where with customer services they are completely useless. So far nothing has been done and I'm still left paying for someone else to watch Netflix.

0 Kudos