Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi

Hi been having problems with my sons friend while on xbox together.  He has said he can turn are wifi off and has done!! Is there anyway I can stop this from happening? Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi

Unless somebody has give him the Virgin hub settings password, then no he can’t.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (1)
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, never given any passwords out. He is also doing it to a few more of his friends.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have seen something around on the internet that says there is an exploit that can be done remotely that can disable / turn off the wireless on the xbox. The best people to help with that would be Microsoft as they deal with the xBox.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IANAL but IMO, your son's friend is breaking the law (Computer Misuse Act 1990).  Section 1, 2, 3 and 3AZ. A console is still a computer, and by telling folk that he can do it (and has indeed done it), he's also admitted to it.  He's a very naughty boy and could (technically, although I don't think he would) end up in serious trouble.😑

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/18/crossheading/computer-misuse-offences#commentary-c19771...

This is the lesser known part of computing which parents should be  made more aware of.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can put my mind at rest as after four days of trying to get through to virgin for support to no avail,  I still need an answer so: my iPhone and iPad are informing me that my Wifi is weak security. Do I need to worry am I safe? Thank you all.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jp246,

This sticky post explains about the iOS-14-Weak-Security 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos