cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't my email box available?

JimboX
Up to speed

My emails haven't been available since about 14.00 hours on Sunday 14th August. Also the sync to my samsung mobile now isn't working either. What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JimboX thanks for your reply and confirmation.

If you do come across any further problems with your emails, please don't hesitate to post on here and we'll be able to get things sorted for you.

If you want to change the temporary password to something more personal to you, you can do this by logging onto your My Virgin Media account and going to your account settings where you can change the password.

Once you've changed the password for your My Virgin Media account, please be aware that it will change your main Virgin Media email password to that same password too.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JimboX,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your email address. 

I have taken a look on our side and I can see you have been able to speak with the team regarding this matter and they have logged this for investigation. 

Just to confirm, have you been able to reset your password to see if this enables access?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for taking an interest.

The guy I spoke to gave me a temporary password, told me to delete my existing VM passwords (I had four for different purposes). Deleted them all, inserted the new temporary password which enabled me to get into my email account but somehow it unlinked the sync with my mobile. I've managed to get that working again - had a bit of trouble with the outgoing and incoming server details but it looks as though I have sorted that. I haven't tried everything else yet but it case I come up against a further problem would it be okay if I contacted you at a later date regarding whatever. How would I do that?

If I wanted to change this temporary password how would I go about that?

Thanks again for helping out.

Cheers

JimboX

Hi @JimboX thanks for your reply and confirmation.

If you do come across any further problems with your emails, please don't hesitate to post on here and we'll be able to get things sorted for you.

If you want to change the temporary password to something more personal to you, you can do this by logging onto your My Virgin Media account and going to your account settings where you can change the password.

Once you've changed the password for your My Virgin Media account, please be aware that it will change your main Virgin Media email password to that same password too.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for that Tom. Cheers