cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is mega well limited as I have this appearing on the app saying this is a user to my Internet.

Pegasus_123
Tuning in
  • Somone by the name of Mega well limited is been shown as using my Internet. Who is this? I check on Google and it says its a lan chip maker from China. Have they hacked my hub and Internet? 
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
showed how.

The problem here will be a lack of understanding of what you are seeing.

Where are you seeing this? post a screen shot

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you referring to the VM Connect app?  If so could one of your connected devices be using said chip maker? 

The default description of connected devices is not always clear and you may need to use the displayed Mac address and IP address to identify the device concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cje85
Trouble shooter

@Pegasus_123 wrote:
  • Somone by the name of Mega well limited is been shown as using my Internet. Who is this? I check on Google and it says its a lan chip maker from China. Have they hacked my hub and Internet? 

Probably not, lots of devices can display strange names which the user might not associate with the device. Mega Well Limited is apparently the name that will display for Playstations but I imagine many other devices that use the same chips will show that name.

johndan42
Tuning in

Hi. I believe this name shows up if you have a PS4 of any kind it is a chip used by Sony.