Menu
Pegasus_123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Who is mega well limited as I have this appearing on the app saying this is a user to my Internet.

• Somone by the name of Mega well limited is been shown as using my Internet. Who is this? I check on Google and it says its a lan chip maker from China. Have they hacked my hub and Internet? 
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Who is mega well limited as I have this appearing on the app saying this is a user to my Internet.

showed how.

The problem here will be a lack of understanding of what you are seeing.

Where are you seeing this? post a screen shot

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Who is mega well limited as I have this appearing on the app saying this is a user to my Internet.

Are you referring to the VM Connect app?  If so could one of your connected devices be using said chip maker? 

The default description of connected devices is not always clear and you may need to use the displayed Mac address and IP address to identify the device concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Pegasus_123 wrote:
  • Somone by the name of Mega well limited is been shown as using my Internet. Who is this? I check on Google and it says its a lan chip maker from China. Have they hacked my hub and Internet? 

Probably not, lots of devices can display strange names which the user might not associate with the device. Mega Well Limited is apparently the name that will display for Playstations but I imagine many other devices that use the same chips will show that name.