Menu
HarryB2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What do you do if you have complainde?

I make no excuse for using this Forum for the following as there is no other way to bring this matter to attention!

About 9 or 10 weeks ago I discovered a potential security issue with My Virgin Media and my access to emails. This occurred at the sametime as I had become the target of a series of 'phishing' emails, sometimes three per day, from a criminal group based in Romania using the .eu source. I went into the My Virgin Media website for help and reassurance about the apparent change to the secure access into my emails.
Despite going round and round the website I could not find anywhere to get a contact to ask about the issue. Constantly the 'Help' and 'Contact Us' returned me to the use of this Forum. Not a subject for an open forum I would think!

After numerous unsuccessful attempts to contact someone via the automated telephone Customer Service answer system I made a complaint. (Number COM104130202)

The complaint was acknowledged. Some weeks later I received a letter saying that Virgin Media was looking into my complaint and wanted me to contact them to talk about the issue. They gave me the 150 number to ring! (The automated Customer Service number) You can guess that it was not possible to speak to anyone and there was no keypad number to push to access a 'Complaints' contact.

The first issue about the handling of this matter is that, in the letter, the author tells me that Virgin Media has made a number of unsuccessful attempts to contact me using the contact numbers associated with my account. (I have a Virgin Media landline and a Virgin Media Mobile.) Considering where I live, my wife an I have been 'locked down' for that period of time so someone was always there to answer the phone! Let me see if Virgin Media can produce the times and dates of the "unsuccessful attempts to contact..." etc.

On the 25th of August I receive another letter saying that Virgin Media are working hard to resolve my complaint and that they will be in contact with me in the next few days. (They did give me contact details for the alternative dispute resolution service though!) To cap it off they tell me they are looking forward to speaking to me soon to resolve my issues.

So, again, I tried to get through the automated Customer Service using 150 and 151 on my home phone.I tried a number of different services and after some 45 + minutes I got through to a person after I pushed the number for 'Leaving Virgin Media'. Strange that that was the only number I got an answer!

I spoke to a young lady who tried to get some help, eventually trying to connect em with someone who could deal with my complaint.Having hung on for many minutes the young lady came back on to say she couldn't get through. I then asked her to send a message to whoever to ring me within 24 hours. Tod ate no contact.

To rub salt into the wound I received an automated survey request because I had used the automated service. I have, over the years, completed many of these surveys as a two way method of them knowing how I rated their service. On this occasion I sent back a scathing response about the quality of Customer Service. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I RECEIVED A REJECTION EMAIL FROM DAEMON MAILER. The reason given for the email not being delivered was, "Local problem" and nothing else.Strange that this is the first ever rejected survey answer I have had!

I appreciate the problems of the current pandemic, I appreciate that Virgin Media is a large organisation, but from a relatively small issue that simply needed a reassurance response I am now totally disillusioned by the Customer Service system. This continued total reliance on automated responses and computer generated letters which contain demonstrable untruths.

From a very long standing satisfied customer I am now considering leaving for another service provider.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: What do you do if you have complainde?

Hi HarryB2,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see you've been left disappointed with the phishing E-Mail's as well as the complaint process.

Can you please advise us further in regards to the E-Mails you've received? Have you been able to mark the senders as spam? 

We can also report phishing E-Mails back to our team, or you can also do this for yourself also, with support from this link

If you need any further support in regards to your former complaint, please drop a response below

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
HarryB2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The phishing emails are sorted. I have, for a long time now, had a system of doing screen prints of the email and sending them as attachments to the Action Fraud Phishing address and to Virgin Media Phishing security. 

It's not the phishing emails that is the problem!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me HarryB2,

Pleased to hear you're phishing E-Mails are sorted.

I'll drop you a PM if you would like to discuss the complaint you raised with us further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
HarryB2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In the absence of any other contact so far, feel free to 'PM' me. I have no idea how a PM works in My Virgin Media as the only one I normally use is through Messenger in Facebook!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've sent you a PM

If you check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner you should see you have a new message

Thanks

David_Bn

0 Kudos