cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the actual password requirements for creating myself an account?

ErrrrDontKnow
Joining in

What are the actual password requirements for creating an account? 
And please, do not give me any of the following (I copied them from another post):

• Don't use something that's easy to guess - like names of your family/ pets, birthday, nickname, football team etc.
• Don’t use common dictionary words – like password, Admin
• Use a minimum of 8 characters, the longer the better
• Try to use special characters when you can - like . @ ?
• Don’t use repetitive or sequential characters – like aaaaa, 1234

Minimum of eight characters, at least one digit, one upper case letter, one lower case letter and one of the following special characters “@ # $ %”.

Because those DO NOT work. I even tried a random string of characters - it also did not work.

ErrrrDontKnow_0-1688931968418.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Omadawn
Up to speed

The actual password requirements are, actually what you have already posted.

But that’s not the issue, the main problem is that entire chunks of the VM website is fundamentally broken! There is nothing wrong with the password you are trying to set up, the issue is that the website code behind it is bust and fails to recognise the password as being valid.

Your only real hope is that eventually a member of the forum team her will get to this thread, offer to contact you via a direct message and set your account up manually.

Or, you might want to reconsider if VM is really a competent company that you want to do business with? Your choice.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Omadawn
Up to speed

The actual password requirements are, actually what you have already posted.

But that’s not the issue, the main problem is that entire chunks of the VM website is fundamentally broken! There is nothing wrong with the password you are trying to set up, the issue is that the website code behind it is bust and fails to recognise the password as being valid.

Your only real hope is that eventually a member of the forum team her will get to this thread, offer to contact you via a direct message and set your account up manually.

Or, you might want to reconsider if VM is really a competent company that you want to do business with? Your choice.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ErrrrDontKnow,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Online Account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I can see that you've only recently joined the Forums, so a big welcome to you! Can I ask if you've also been fully installed yet please? 

The website won't allow you to create an Online Account until your account is fully set up on our side 🤗

Please let us know the current situation and we can help further. 

Thanks,

Megan_L