Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Websites being blocked

For the last couple of weeks the National Lottery Website has been blocked on my laptop and phone. If I switch the WiFi off on my phone I can access ok? I am now finding more sites are being blocked. My son is a keen gamer and he is reporting that sites he previously accessed are now being blocked. 

I can't see any security settings that I have changed or indeed that I can amend, Can anyone help with this or has anyone else experienced similar, I am using the Hub 3.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Websites being blocked

Hi there

You can check to see if any gambling / adult sites etc have been disabled in the websafe options in your virgin media account.

You can log into your virgin account via this link - https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index#.

Then click on the 'my apps' section.

Scroll down to 'Websafe' and open it.

In here you will be able to enable/disable child safe.

If you enable it you will be able to see if certain websites/categories are blocked.

Hope this helps

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Websites being blocked

Hi Christy. Thanks for your suggestion. Interestingly I don't subscribe to the Virgin Media internet security. I have checked all the settings I can and when I go to the VM settings it asks me to pay for the additional security. My son can not access any websites from his PC at all now. It is quite frustrating.

0 Kudos