Menu
cartermorris
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Website access issues

So I can see various other postings for folks who've not been able to access various websites, and appreciate the impacts on some of those as a result of VM's Web Safe and Child Safe settings.

However my work website: https://www.cartermorris.com/ is intermittently being affected, and I cannot think what content is possibly there that is causing any blacklisting - I get a message noting that the site isn't safe, that I shouldn't share any data, and the site doesn't load.

And the odd thing is that it's not consistent - 3 months ago I had a whole day of not being able to access the site (my colleagues using other internet providers had no issues) and mysteriously the site was accessible the following day.  Same situation last month.  And today I've not been able to access the site at all (and who knows what tomorrow will bring).

My IT team have confirmed that our domain names are all "clean" and I know the content (for a recruitment company!) doesn't contain anything naughty or offensive.

Any ideas please folks?  

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website access issues

How have you determined Web Safe is the cause?

When the issue next occurs open a Command Shell or Terminal window, enter nslookup cartermorris.com and post the redacted result here; the result will help determine whether or not Web Safe is blocking access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cartermorris
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. No, haven't formally done that check, just made the assumption as every other website I've worked on today (except the company one) has loaded perfectly. Am not a techie so will google on how to open a command shell now...
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello cartermorris

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your website and problems accessing at times, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Have you been able to get the information requested by 用心棒 to look into this further? Once you have this please post it here.

Rob

0 Kudos
cartermorris
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, as with the other occasions where I've lost a day of access to my website, the problem went away by the time I signed in again the next morning.  I will be sure to grab the screen shot the next time the issue happens!  Thanks all for offers to help.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know cartermorris, once you have been able to grab the information please post it here and we'll be able to take a look at whats going on.

Rob