cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe blocking bona fide website.

phiilip
On our wavelength

Until very recently I used an internationally renowned footwear company online with no issues whatever. Now Web Safe is blocking it. I can access this site via o2 or other Wi-Fi providers but not VM. The company is very reputable and assure me there are no issues with their certification. I can access their US site but not their Europe site. I didn't even know I had Web Safe turned on and have no idea how to turn it off.

So frustrating,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try this link to websafe.

It doesn't appear to be blocked by any ISP. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Go on then, put the boot in, bare your sole, and tell us the full Web address. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @phiilip, thank you for your message.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

You can choose your Web Safe settings by logging into your My Virgin Media account, which can be accessed here.

Information on how to use Web Safe can be found here

We hope that helps. If, however, you're still experiencing the problem, please pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

phiilip
On our wavelength

Hi Daniel.

Thanks for replying. 

I've logged into My Virgin Media then Apps and Extras, View Apps, Apps and Extras Web Safe, Manage your Your Web Safe settings but it just takes me back to View Apps. Is it possible that I don't have Web Safe activated?  

The website I want to access is www.keenfootwear.de but I get this Look out! Your Virgin Media Virus Safe settings have blocked this site.

Are you able to check if I have Web Safe and also if this website is safe?

Thanks

Phiilip.

Try this link to websafe.

It doesn't appear to be blocked by any ISP. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Flagged on 'Virus Total' by x4 or x5 security vendors (depending on the exact URL used) as 'Malicious' which is, no doubt, why the VM block is in place.

Looks like VM are the only one blocking it. I've requested it to be unblocked. Until recently if I ordered from Keen.com who are in USA the order was passed to and despatched from their Dutch outlet to UK. I've been doing this for years. Since Keen USA updated their website things have changed. 

Incidentally if I use o2 on my smart phone I can access the Keen.de site without any problem. Much easier if using my laptop though.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are absolutely sure the Virus Safe warning is a false positive then a temporary workaround would be to add it as an Allowed Website in Child Safe, as highlighted below:
2023-05-18.jpeg

NB  I do not think it is sensible that Child Safe is able to bypassing Virus Safe but whether this is a bug or feature it remains to be used / exploited.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks