Menu
joanna6375
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Weak security

Hi, my iPhone says I have weak security when I am logged onto my WiFi.  I have followed the advice on the Virgin media website and logged  into my hub but the option to turn off port 1900 is not there.  I thought it may be the Virgin booster I have, but turned that off and it is still showing as weak security.  It says on the Virgin website that they will not help with this problem and to ask the community!  What a joke!  I pay over £100 a month and I have to ask a fellow paying user to help me 😡

Grateful for any help so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.  

many thanks

jo

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weak security

Thanks for starting a new thread.  Can you post a link to where the advice re port 1900 comes from on the VM website.  That will help the community understand the issue you are seeing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi joanna6375,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out regarding this message on your iPhone. I do apologise for any concerns you have about this or any difficulty you've had finding the relevant information.

This message has recently sprung up with iPhones using iOS 14. It's nothing to worry about and there is a workaround to remove the message. You can find more details in this forum post or on our dedicated site.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
joanna6375
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos