Menu
Spacebucks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Weak security Superhub 2 ac

Hi, I’ve just got IOS 14 on my iPhone it’s saying my wifi has weak security. I have a superhub 2 ac and was wandering if it is secure? I cant remember the password I changed to log in and check the settings as it was such a long time ago. I’m thinking the security of the hub must be ok but wasn’t sure if it is WPA 2 ACS or just standard WPA 2? If I want to reset the hub to change the password then how do I do this successfully? I was thinking of getting the super hub 3 upgrade, but seen it is no better than the hub 2 ac in some reviews and even has issues that can make it worse than the hub 2 ac. Any thoughts? Thanks 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Weak security Superhub 2 ac

Hello

Have a look at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Spacebucks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, do you know the best way to reset the superhub 2 ac so I can change the hub password as I forgot it. Is it as easy as putting a pin in the reset hole for 10-15 secs? Thanks 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Helloo

To reset the hub press and hold the reset button for a timed 60 secs, once released do not power off the hub wait for the lights to stablize and then you should be able to login.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Spacebucks
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - so this is best rather than 10-15 secs of holding the button in? And it will restore the password to “changeme” again? 
Regards 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes 60 secs is best.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Spacebucks
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. Just realised I have a hub 2 and not a 2 ac. I gather no difference in reset? Can you confirm once I’ve reset that the password will revert to change me again so I can add a new password? Sorry for this, just don’t want to reset and mess the hub up. This was all sparked by apples ios14 saying weak security, but reading the post you pointed me too puts my mind at ease! 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes the 60 secs applies to the Hub 2 as well, it will revert all settings back to standard.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos