Menu
Mister-O
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Weak password creation

I've just gone through the motions to reset myvirginmedia account password. I was greeted with this instruction for the parameters of the new password:

8-10 characters long, letters and numbers only, no spaces. First character must be a letter.

I'm truly stunned at how incredibly weak the resultant password is going to be without the use of special characters and such a short length. Why help out hackers by stating that the first character must be a letter? 

This is very poor. 

Is there another procedure please to create a stronger password outside of these parameters?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weak password creation

Hello

A 10 letter / number combination for a password although a little week would still take 7 mths to crack, with regards to setting a stronger one for Virginmedia there is no way to do that those are the requirements that virginmedia have.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mister-O
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. The irony is that you can set a decent password on this forum
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I certainly understand the forum is not developed by Virginmedia it is a commercial forum as developed by Khronos.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos