Menu
Coatgallou
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Warning of spam emails from my account.

I have recently received a letter from VM regarding the forwarding of spam emails, I assume this notification given to VM is from an automated system? I ask this because I have checked my device with the f-safe software and found nothing infected. I have sent many spam emails, myself, to the government website, report@phishing.gov.uk. as recommended by the government agencies. If the reporting of this 'recommended' action is the cause of this warning, I will be very disappointed.

As requested by many other VM customers, more details relating to these 'so called' misdemeanors would be most welcome. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warning of spam emails from my account.

It is quite possible that spam could be being sent using your credentials without your knowledge.  There would be no evidence in your email account.

I expect the letter suggested you change your password and security details as well as checking your systems for malware.  Have you so done?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Coatgallou
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, 

Yes, done that, may have to wait now for either another letter from VM or not!

Problem being whatever the issue, if it's not evident on my device(s) it will not be evident I've cleared it or not!

More detail would help, time of mail sent, title of email, anything to help. 

Richard

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As Graham_A has said none of this will be evident on any of your devices and neither could it ever be evident because of the way the e-mail system is constructed. VM will not disclose the information you mention you are seeking. You will know if you have cleared the issue because VM won't write again. Just keep your e-mail password separate from any other passwords you use, within the constraints of the vM system do not use an easily guessable password - so random characters only. You should then be safe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Coatgallou
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Both Graham and Howard for the replies. 

I will keep fingers crossed and wait it out.

🤞

Richard 

0 Kudos