Menu
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WIFI OPEN DURING START UP

hub switch on open warning

after switching on my hub, and waiting for the green lights to cease prior to the hub white light only on, my laptop gives a warning which lasts a a minute or longer prior to secure connection-

vm------  (ssid)  wi fi list on laptop

Open-other people might be able  to see what you see over this network

--------------------------

this seems to happen as the hub powers up and connects but then says secured, is this normal .I normally switch off the hub at night.

Does this mean the hub is not secure during powering up/connecting?? is this a vulnerability??

Or is my laptop giving a false indication? Does not happen all the time, just occasionally I notice this.

alf28

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WIFI OPEN DURING START UP

AFAIK you can't connect to it during this time. so nothing to worry about.
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

APCYBERAX

Thanks for the advice, I have just checked my wifi security, it seems ok with security wpa2-personal and encryption aes and password.

I do have the wep pushbutton only activated on hub3 for use for one of my printers that can only connect that way- no interface just a wifi button. (not using wep pin disabled)

my windows dns settings had changed so I have reset that was unusual.

I have network discovery switched on, not sure if it should be off or would that stop printers from working.

printer sharing switched off.

The warning-  Open-other people might be able  to see what you see over this network- means "not password protected".

I will assume all is ok  but odd do not get it all the time, perhaps something has changed, or hub was updating for a long period.

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

CLOSED

0 Kudos