Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Vulnerable customer account management

My father has relatively mild dementia, one of the manifestations is anxiety around digital security. It means he can't do any thing around financial transactions online or even view and use online accounts. He can do browsing and email but anything remotely related to security is basically a no go.

I would like to help him manage his virgin media account (BB and land line phone) and have read some news articles about vulnerable customers being able to set up friends of family to help with account management. I don't mean a secondary account holder. I need to be able to fully manage his account eg check his bills, change his tarriff if it isn't good value, etc. I can't find any details about how to do that. Can anyone point me to practical info or a number that I can call to talk to someone about this? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vulnerable customer account management

Good afternoon @MartinBelcher 

Welcome to the forums, thank you for taking the time to post. 

Are you able to confirm if you have power or attorney regarding your fathers accounts? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No I don't have power of attorney, it is not at that stage yet. But this is a real problem, as he, and I imagine other vulnerable users in his age profile, are really not happy sorting these things out online.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @MartinBelcher 

That's not a problem, I can add a note to the account stating that you will be speaking on his behalf, I can also add a vulnerability flag onto the account.

you are able to manage all his account from online.

I can set this up for you should you wish? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos