cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin van not moved for 12 weeks

Pilon66
Joining in

There is a virgin van parked on a junction which has caused a number of near misses. It hasn't moved since Christmas and an accident will happen. Can you help with this please

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pilon66 wrote:

The Police have advised us to contact Virgin about it.

I can't help but think this is another way of the local Plod saying "this is really within our remit, but we don't have the resource and the owner of the van is as much able to deal with this as we are - so let's pass the buck".

There's nothing inherently wrong with that given police resources to be fair, but also worth acknowledging there are different ways this could be dealt with.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spell
Knows their stuff

It certainly is a police matter and the advice you have been given is a blatant neglect of duty. A letter to the Chief Constable giving all the details will ensure that the matter is dealt with correctly (even though he won't actually see it).

In the meantime fingers crossed that the driver is not dead in the back - you never know until checked out.

I do have to say though, that on two occasions the OP has posted the registration number of the Van, and in both cases they have been edited out on the grounds that the moderators regard said information as being personal. However the OP has continues by posting pictures of said van showing the registration number, hence the pictures being rejected.

But I have seen them and it really doesn’t look as if the van has been parked in a way that would cause a reasonable issue, it isn’t overlapping a drop curb/ driveway, and it does seem to be a reasonable distance away from a junction. No yellow lines on the road, to be honest I can’t see an issue here at all.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the van is not causing any traffic issues the only thing is to check the registration with the DVLA. They will not say who owns it, but will advise if it’s taxed and if it’s insured. If not taxed or insured then the local council will remove it. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jhuk
Trouble shooter

I read this the other day and what went through my mind is the fact the van/driver are not doing any VM work if it has not moved for 12weeks so not sure how that would be possible unless the van was sold and did not have the livery removed.