cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin scam call

Blue2basingstok
Tuning in

Had a call from [MOD EDIT: Cloned number], claiming to be a VM engineer to solve our hub 

The asian man when through a few problems that we have had and he was here to help solve the hub issue.

He then asked me to go onto my computer to a website, seemed  looked genuine until a pop-up to download something. That is when I challenged him, whereby he provided a VM staff number, but I challenged him and refused to complete his requested task until he could verify my account and address. 

He promptly put me on hold and thats when I cancelled the call and blocked the number

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blue2basingstok,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. There is nothing worse than nuisance calls. This is not one of Virgin Media numbers, we would never call our customers asking for any personal details, and certainly not asking to take over your computer.

Unfortumately, we are unable to stop these u wanted calls coming into your property, however we can offer advice on how to prevent these happening for the future. 

Please check the link here https://virg.in/fraudcalls.

Kind regards Jodi.